How it works…
- First things first - call or email me to discuss exactly what it is you are looking for. Consider this our consultation. We can also meet in person if you prefer.
- Outdoor natural lighting is best late evening, before sunset. I prefer to do my shoots at that time.
- Location is also important - we want it to be somewhere with lots of great lighting, full shade is also important. It can be a local park, beach, arboretum, backyard, quaint village, local street for urban style shots, etc. I am willing to travel so if you have something special in mind, just ask!
- If you want studio style shots it is best to come to my studio located in Smithtown, NY since I have all I need there and have great natural light as well as studio lighting available.
- A typical shoot can last anywhere from one to three hours or sometimes longer. I like to capture you in your most natural state, playing with your children, hugging, kissing, running, laughing, just being yourselves. We will stop as needed to tend to the their children and keep them comfortable.
- For a newborn or infant photo session, we want to make sure everyone is comfortable, relaxed and well fed. So we will allow extra time for that.
Wondering what to bring? Lets discuss, I love helping my clients plan their wardrobes for our session ... But here are some ideas to help you ...
- Bring a few different outfit changes, its always great to have options.
- Avoid loud patterns and characters on clothing or shoes. Its best to keep it simple and timeless.
- I love lots of layers, scarves, hats, tanks and sweaters. Bright fun colors are great and photograph really well but so do simple and subtle tones.
- Try to keep it simple, fun, relaxed and stylish.
- Newborns and babies are best au naturale, with maybe just a cute fun hat or headband. I supply the props - such as hats, blankets, baskets, bean bags etc. But if you have something specific in mind just ask me.
After the Session .....
- A few weeks after our session I will send you what I call “sneak peaks”, these will be a few of the best pictures from the session. A few weeks after that your gallery will be ready. You will receive a personal password and will be able to view your photos for about three weeks and order any products, etc.